Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Friends, do you have any moments when some little things happen which you just don't seems to like the way how it happen. and that totally spoils your mood for the next few hours or even the whole day?

Here's something to share with you from joyce meyer's daily devotion:
Cease from anger and forsake wrath; fret not your self—it tends only to evildoing.
 Psalm 37:8

Whenever I find myself in a situation I can't do anything about, I have found that a good way to cast my care upon the Lord is simply to say, "Oh, well."

Take, for example, the morning that Dave spilled his orange juice in the car and got a little of it on my sweater. Immediately he said, "Devil, I'm not impressed." And I said, "Oh, well." So that problem was solved, and we pressed forward with the rest of our day. Some things just aren't worth getting upset about, yet many people do. Unfortunately a
large majority of Christians are upset, fretful, and full of anxiety most of the time. It is not the big things that get to them; it is the little things that don't fit into their plans. Instead of casting their care and just saying, "Oh well," they are always trying to do something about something they can't do anything about. On more than one occasion that simple
phrase "Oh, well" has really helped me to make it through.


From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment